...A journey into the wonderfully illogical life of parenting a toddler and a preemie...

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

"I Poop!"

I'm sure there are times when those words are cause for elation but I always seem to find they evoke different emotions in me.  Take this morning for example.  I hear my daughter wake up at 7:30; I roll over, close my eyes and pray that my husband hears her and gets up.  It doesn't happen.  To my delight, however, Hope decides to play quietly in her room for awhile.  I fall back asleep.  At 8:05 she begins to bang on her door 'Mom?  Mom!  MOOOOOM!' (And I thought they learned this technique as teenagers!)  I dispatch my husband (still mostly asleep) to let her out.  As soon as her door opens I hear "I poop! I poop! I poop!"  Now, being a mom I immediately fear the worst, while my husband doesn't even seem to be processing what she's saying.  I fearfully ask "is she still wearing her diaper?"  Hubby responds "Huh? I think so... oh! Uh... Can you bring me some wipes?"  Yep, ladies and gentlemen, my daughter has pooped on the floor!  And then stepped in it.  She is now yelling "Yuck! Poop!" Sigh, what a way to start the morning!

I wish I could say that this is the first time it's happened, but it's not.  Apparently I'm a slow learner...  Potty training can't happen soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment