...A journey into the wonderfully illogical life of parenting a toddler and a preemie...

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Coming Home

Wonderful news! 
Today, after 54 days in the NICU,  Grace came home!  It was an emotional and exhausting day, so this post will be short.  Bruce is sick, Hope wants to help with everything and I am so glad my mommy comes tomorrow to help!  But it feels amazing to have our whole family together at last.  Things feel complete, normal, good.  Strangely, I feel more like a first time mom now than when I brought Hope home...  I'm afraid I'm not going to do things right, afraid Grace will get sick.  I need to trust that God will provide the knowledge and skills I need to be a good mom to Grace.
Well, Grace awakes and grunts so I had better go.  Wish me sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment