...A journey into the wonderfully illogical life of parenting a toddler and a preemie...

Monday, September 27, 2010

What's up duck?

Anyone out there? 

Well, here I am starting a blog.  This is the hard part, starting.  Once your blog is up and running it's easy: pop in, type what's on your mind, click submit and voila!  Huh, that's what I'm telling myself anyway.  To begin I need to be able to center myself, express myself, introduce myself.  Let you (and me) know exactly what I'm doing here.  Let's start with the introductions, I at least know who I am!

My name is Elizabeth, I'm 27 and I'm a stay at home mom of two beautiful little girls, one of whom is in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at a local hospital.  Okay, so my name isn't Elizabeth, it's my middle name, but I'm preserving anonymity and all that jazz.  On that note, let me introduce my family.  First of all, my loving husband and man of my heart, Bruce.  We've been married 7 years and I can't imagine life without him.  He's stubborn, a poor loser, has no sense of direction, but has a huge heart and strong arms, is kind, considerate and loving, and loves God.  All reasons I love him.  My eldest daughter Hope is 21 months old and so much trouble fun!  She's funny and outgoing, a bit of a daredevil and stubborn (like her dad).  She's just starting to talk and I get such a laugh out of what she says!  I have a feeling that a lot of blog posts are going to come from this inspiration!  My youngest daughter Grace is 7 weeks old and has spent her entire life so far in the NICU.  She was born at 29 weeks gestation due to my health complications and weighed in at 2lbs 14oz.  She is now just over 6lbs and we are anxious to have her home with us!  She is an inspiration and a joy, and in some ways the reason I wanted to start blogging.  Now, about me...  I was a teacher, but have 'retired' to become a stay at home mom... Something I had always wanted to do.  Being a mom is important to me, and I'm glad that I am able to stay home and raise my children.    That's what I'm hoping to share with you... the stories of raising my children.  The highs and lows of having a preemie and a toddler, the hints I've learned and pleas of help for what I haven't, my online shopping addiction (it's a problem), my marriage and why it works (and sometimes why it struggles)... 
I don't promise it will be pretty, but it will hopefully be fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment