...A journey into the wonderfully illogical life of parenting a toddler and a preemie...

Monday, October 11, 2010

PLEASE stop touching my baby!!!!

Here's a fact:  People are germy. 
And another:  Babies, especially preemies, are susceptible to germs.

So why (please tell me!) do people think it's okay to touch babies without washing their hands first?  Especially people who know they are dirty... like the cashier at Walmart, or the person who just picked their nose. (Gross but true).
So what inspires this rant?  We've just started taking Grace out in public and, much to my dismay, everyone seems to think that it's okay to touch her!  We're at Church on Sunday and random people are reaching over us to stroke her face.  Strangers are taking off her socks to show others how tiny her feet are.  I felt like she was public property and just wanted to tuck her under my arm like a football and run.  Seriously.

Would it be too much to put a sign on her that says "Fragile.  Please don't touch!"???  I'm sorely tempted.  Either that or to carry a spray bottle of sanitizer and just spray everyone within reach :p

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! It's the only time I'm glad we don't know too many people here. I HATED it when people would touch my babies. Especially if they let them grab their finger. What are they thinking???

    ReplyDelete