...A journey into the wonderfully illogical life of parenting a toddler and a preemie...

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sick Days...

One of the issues I've never been able to figure out is how a mom takes a 'sick day'.  My husband gets sick, doesn't feel up to working, so he stays home in bed and gets better.  How do moms do that?  It's not like we can call in sick or just not show up...  Can you imagine?  *Picturing Hope banging on my bedroom door... "Mom? Mom?" and me responding "Sorry, I'm not well enough to be your mom today!"*

Now Bruce is awesome, and tries to help out more when I'm sick, but he doesn't feel he can just take off work to help me.  So I've been sick for a week now... a yucky stomach flu/head cold combination.  My house is falling into a state of disarray and meals are becoming less and less nutritious.  I need a day off to rest and get better!  And then I need a day off to find my house.  And then a day to meal plan and grocery shop. 

So tell me Supermoms... how do you do it?  I need help (and sleep) (and a shower).  Too much information?

No comments:

Post a Comment